The deadline for scholarship applications receipt is February 28, 2014
General Information for Scholarships 2014
The Dan David Prize laureates annually donate twenty scholarships of US$15,000 each to outstanding doctoral and postdoctoral students of exceptional promise in the chosen fields for the current year.
Ten scholarships are awarded to doctoral and post-doctoral students at universities throughout the world and ten scholarships at Tel Aviv University.
The Dan David Prize is granted according to merit, without discrimination based on gender, race, religion, nationality, or political affiliation.
In order to ensure that your research is relevant to one of this year's chosen fields, please read the field definitions on our website carefully before filling out the form
Required documents (to be submitted via the Dan David Prize website):
Application Form information
- The requested information must be typed in English only
, tel: +972-3-6406614
In order to fill out the scholarship application form you will need the information listed below:
- Title, First Name, Middle Name, Last Name
- Name of Supervisor's Institution of Affiliation and Department
- Telephone Number at Work
- Fax, Email
- A full curriculum vitae of the applicant (allowed: doc|rtf|docx|pdf / max:5mb)
- A one-two page description of the applicant’s doctoral/postdoctoral research project (allowed: doc|rtf|docx|pdf / max:5mb)
- A list of the applicant’s publications (allowed: doc|rtf|docx|pdf / max:5mb)
- Three separate letters of recommendation, on official letterhead and signed, by recognized scholars in the field, one of which is the doctoral/postdoctoral supervisor (allowed: doc|rtf|docx|pdf / max:5mb) Applicants/Recommenders are requested to go to Recommendation Submission Form to attach the recommendation letters. In addition, originals must be received by February 28, 2014, via regular post to: Ms. Smadar Fisher, Director, Dan David Prize, P.O.Box 39040, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel.
- Authorization by the university, on official letterhead and signed, that the applicant is a registered doctoral studen/postdoctoral researcher in the stated department and university, and whose research has been approved. (allowed: doc|rtf|docx|pdf / max:5mb) In addition, original must be received by February 28, 2014 via regular post to: Ms. Smadar Fisher, Director, Dan David Prize,
P.O.Box 39040, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel.
For Tel Aviv University Students
In addition to the above: A list of all Tel Aviv University scholarships/grants, which have been awarded to the applicant for the coming academic year and those to which he/she has applied.
Confirmation of successful submission will be provided.
A copy of the application material will be sent to the applicant by email.
ORIGINALS OF LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATIO AND AUTHORIZATION OF STUDIES ARE TO BE SENT ALSO BY POST IN ADDTION TO EMAIL.